Sunday 24 March 2013

Font Analysis - Double page

To get a better understanding of the fonts style and size on my double page spread I've been looking at a number of copies of Empire Magazine.





These four double pages act as more of a title page before the review of the film rather than the actual review. In my own one I'm likely to include a main title like these so this is still useful. In each one the style of the writing links to either the picture also displayed on the page or the genre or type of film it is. The picture for the Ted review is of him in a bubble bath and the colour or background of the font is also bubbles. This is the same in the Spiderman review but much more obvious with the writing in a spiders web.


I'd like to try something quite extravagant like the Spiderman one however it'd be quite time consuming and take up a lot of the room on my double page, which would make it difficult as i have to have actual reviews on my own. The actual fonts of the other three pages is quite simple, the colour of them seems to be the bit that has the most impact and they are all very big and cover a lot of the page.  


No comments:

Post a Comment