Friday 22 March 2013

Poster Research

 
 Whilst researching Film Noir posters I also looked at other genres of films. American Gangster isn't a film noir or neo noir but I thought the effect used on the poster would look good on a film noir poster. When creating my own poster i tried to mimic some features of the poster, in this case the red line between the title of the film.




To make the line I used Adobe fireworks. Firstly I inserted a plain red line onto a blank document, I then used the paintbrush tool with the splatter and pastel effects to make it look like blood at the end. The end effect is quite good but not as neat as the one on the American Gangster poster. Once I've added the line to my actual poster I'll have a better idea as whether it looks good or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment